100% cotton dark blue batik fabric with a wonderful white Indian Elephant design.
Made in India this is just one design from our large range of batik fabrics. Produced in a unique cottage industry by specialist craftsmen it is the ideal fabric for creating unique crafts, quilting and patchwork projects and dressmaking.
Batik has been a handicraft of Indian culture for over 2000 years. It is a method of using wax and resist dyeing to achieve each unique design. This fabric has been through a process of layering wax and various dyes, the more colours; the more the process has been repeated to create the design.
See below for Care Instructions.
||What can I make with this:
||Dresses, skirt, kaftans, crafts
- As this fabric is handmade it contains surface dye and it must be cared for properly prior to use in quilting, crafting, and sewing projects. We recommend hand washing separately in cold water and taking extra care with dark colours. The dyes used include vegetable dyes and some fading may occur after washing.
- Please do not tumble dry or use bleach. Use a cool iron on the reverse for best results.
- There may also be some irregularities in the pattern; this is an inevitable feature of the hand printing process.
- If you are in any doubt about care instructions please always test a sample first to find the most suitable way to wash your chosen fabrics, as we cannot accept liability for fabrics washed or treated incorrectly.
- Please allow up to 10% shrinkage for all fabrics to be on the safe side. For all fabrics wash before making up in the same manner as would with subsequent washes (including drying methods).
- Whilst every effort is made, we cannot guarantee that the colours you see on our screen are accurate because every screen is calibrated differently and settings are set differently.
- All sizes and measurement for fabrics washed or treated are approximate.
Details on our returns policy.