How to Make a Christmas Stocking with our Christmas Fabrics!
Christmas is one of the most wonderful times for crafters, offering a wealth of opportunities to create unique fabric gifts and decorations. Here at Croft Mill, we have plenty of Christmas fabrics to inspire your creativity and they've all been put together in a new section of our website for your convenience.
In this edition of the Croft Mill blog, we'll share with you a step-by-step guide that shows you how to easily make a lovely Christmas Stocking to be filled with Christmas goodies!
- First, choose your favourite fabric from our vast selection. The size of your Christmas Stocking is obviously up to you but in this guide we'll be using a piece of fabric measuring 2m x 70cm. You'll also need a ribbon with a length of 1m.
- Using sharp scissors, cut your piece of Christmas fabric in half so that you have two pieces, each measuring 50cm x 70cm.
- Take one of the pieces and fold both long sides over by 1cm. Press once, fold again and press a second time, hiding the raw edges. Pin into place before stitching.
- Repeat the above step with your second piece of fabric.
- Now it's time to make the casing that will hold the ribbon. Fold one of the short edges in and press. Next, fold the same edge in by 4cm and press again. Pin and then topstitch into place, as close to the folded edge as you can get.
- Repeat the above step with the other piece of Christmas fabric.
- With right sides facing one another, pin the two pieces of fabric together. Starting from the bottom of the casing, sew down one side, along the bottom of the sack and continue up the other side. Make sure you stop stitching at the bottom of the casing.
- Turn the sack right side out. Press.
- Attach a safety pin to one end of your length of ribbon. Use the pin to carefully thread the ribbon through the casing at the top of the Christmas Stocking. Once the ribbon is all the way through, take both ends of it and draw the sack closed. Trim off any loose strands.
- Et voila! All that you need to do now is fill the sack with presents, tie the ribbon in a knot and wait to see the recipient's smiling face on Christmas morning!
In the coming weeks, we will be showcasing some of our Christmas fabrics and sharing more step-by-step guides showing you how to create fabulous gifts and decorations: please subscribe to our regular newsletter to make sure you don't miss out. Browse our collection of Christmas fabrics on the website today!